July 26, 2013

MIA...and a tough project

I cannot believe that July is almost over and I haven't been back on here in weeks!  Where does time go any more?

I have indeed been MIA...as I carved out time for a special, yet tough, project.  I have been helping my dad (who is almost 83) go through all his belongings (furnishings and personal), packing everything up, and have now moved him into Senior Living Apartments where he has some assistance if needed.  I knew it was time and a wonderful place became available for him!  What a blessing!  He was SO excited which made this "tough project" a little more light-hearted for me.  Being an only child, my dad and I have always been really close and I love him with my whole heart....so yes, I admit, moving him here was hard emotionally, yet at the same time exciting, to see HIM so happy.  He will have lots to do every day and lots of people to interact with.

I may share some photos of his new little apartment later...full of his most precious pieces of antiques (his whole house use to be decorated "to a tee" with antiques).  If the pictures turned out presentable then I'd love to share how we maximized the space in this tiny new apartment for him.  He just loves it!  That is what counts!

So, are all of YOU ready for summer to be almost over?  I feel like I haven't even had a summer yet....at all.  I'd better get busy....with a vacation for starters...and some good 'ole time to visit BlogLand and catch up!

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment