July 1, 2014

Decorating Wall Niches

Hi, lovely readers!  Are you getting in gear for the upcoming long weekend to celebrate the 4th of July?  I bet most of you are!  

I guess you could say I have 'designer's block'...when it comes to wall niches.  The simple fact is...I do not like them...at all. So with that being said, my question to you is...how do YOU decorate wall niches if you have them in your home?

Here are a few photos I found...
An iron ornamental?


Framed pictures?


A niche with a ledge could house a floral, right? I do like the contrast paint in the niche...I think.


Yes, I do like the contrast...yet, I still can't bring myself to like niches at all...what's up with me?


Even here, in a nicely framed wall niche...to me...it's way 'too busy' and 'clutters' the wall.  And, what else would you even consider putting here? 


Candles?  Ugh!  Perhaps some sort of mural here might work?


Here is a home I was in that had a huge mirror inserted into a foyer niche.  At first glance I thought "it's ok"...but, honestly that mirror would be much prettier on a solid wall...it sort of looks crammed into the niche!  What do YOU think?  Give me YOUR opinions please!

In ALL of computer-land I have yet to find one single idea for a wall niche that I even remotely like!  So, let me ask...is it just ME?  Or do any of YOU out there have issues with these special niches?  Any great ideas?  If so, do tell.

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!




Image Credits:  Pinterest, Houzz, Alpha & Omega Interiors

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. i have a giant wall niche (googled term) above my fireplace, duh! I suppose it is called a mantle niche? I do not know what to do with it. I agree with your comment, "in ALL of computer etc."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! Thanks for stopping by! So you must be thinking of not mounting your TV there, right? So many tend to do that. I would suggest perhaps painting it a contrast color (or even a mica wallpaper for a great unique effect) and then placing colorful Viz Glass art in it. Are you familiar with that? You can go to Vizartglass.com and click under wall art. It will give you many color and size options. I'll try to post a photo soon of one of my clients in an entryway, but it would be stunning over a mantel as well. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete