February 22, 2013

Friday Fun!

With the weather here being so cold and damp (no snow yet!!) that makes it a great day to browse through the new issue of Coastal Living...I plan to devour it, page by page, over the weekend! I thought I'd share a few photos with you that I am currently swooning over...

living room
I love these bright cheerful colors here...even the floral fabric too.  I adore how there are cottage effects with the beams, shades, and sisal rug (reminiscent of the SAND!) and how well these bright inspiring colors work with all of that.  Check out the green tray on the table...and the green turtle...to tie in the green ottomans a bit more!  Ah, "simply irresistible" and very well done!


kitchen
I believe I'll have to re-think my growing tired of a white kitchen...with pops of color in the striped rug, cushions...along with a few accessories and a lightly painted ceiling...I think I'll change my vote.  How about these great pendants over the island...ooh-la-la!  I am loving this cottage kitchen!


dining room
Is this dining room fabulous or what?  I love the chandelier, the rug, and these gorgeous chairs with the pattern on the back!  It's toned down in this room, but still packs a punch along with the rest of the house! 


girls room
I usually tend to notice the DETAILS at once...that's just me!  How many of you would dare to put this rug (with pink) in this room (with all the red)?  Also, notice the band of solid turquoise along the bottom of the drapery panels and at the bottom of the window shade.  The headboard sports a trim as well and has covered buttons...well thought out indeed!  It's "details" like this that make the difference and is usually a part of our custom interior design service too. 


bathroom 
I love this fresh green with all the white...now "this" pops!  Don't be afraid to change any style mirror you may have with fresh paint for a brand new look in your room.  Give it a try!


guest room
Now this room is just plain "sassy" in my eyes...I LOVE it!  Of course these walls remind me alot of what we now have in our own home...but popped with all this navy...yes, please!  Again, would you EVER think of putting "this" rug in here?  Be honest now.  But I like it.  Also, more details...a ruffled bedskirt and draperies with contrasting coral (or so it looks) band at top.  And one last thing...since I'm on a roll...I adore this headboard...I'll take one for my guest bedroom!


So there you have it, a peek into the new issue of Coastal Living.  If you don't have your copy yet you may just want to pick one up for the weekend!  A quiet corner, cozy chair with afghan, hot cup of tea...and this new issue...all the makings of some great weekend R&R.  What are YOUR plans?

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Weekend!



Image Credits:  Coastal Living

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment