March 5, 2014

GLAM Dining Spaces

I ran across several 'glam' dining rooms that I thought I'd share.  Since I am in the process of revamping my own dining room I was just browsing through some ideas. Yes, I am in the business of interior design, but...I am my own worst client!  There are just so many choices and options out there, many of which I love, and sometimes that alone leaves me indecisive about my own choices and I tend to do nothing.  That has to change!

What I love, now-a-days, is the mix of all things...and no more 'matchy-matchy'.  Remember when the furniture in the dining rooms all looked the same?  The chairs matched the table, the buffet matched it too....etc.  Well, that certainly has changed and I for one am glad it did.  How about YOU?

Here were a few of the 'glam' ones I liked...
Such casual elegance!





Years ago...would anyone have ever put a 'contemporary' piece of artwork...with a crystal chandelier?  I doubt it.  At least I never saw one. (I am talking years ago, if you are wondering!)  I just adore this room!


The chairs all match in here, but the table base is quite unique and the buffet is a painted piece...not to mention it's all mixed well with lots of pattern.


Here again, the chairs match, but the other pieces aren't a matching 'set'.  I love how it's sort of a traditional feel to the room...but by bringing in that pop of bright color used throughout (even on that door - isn't that luscious?) it just changes the overall 'feel' of this room. Know what I mean?





This one is so much more relaxed...but it's still 'glam' to me!  

Which 'glam' style do YOU prefer?  Aren't you glad that 'matchy matchy' is no longer the norm?  I just bet you are!  I can say this...my dining room area will not be the 'norm' either.  I may just reveal bits and pieces of it to you later during the process.

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!




Image Credits: unknown, Atlanta Homes, Veranda, House Beautiful, Houzz

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment