April 26, 2011

In Love with "Lucite"


As recently put from House Beautiful..."Every designer will tell you: Just one piece of clear acrylic furniture will shake up any room in any style. It's the one-piece makeover...".  I must say, the more I see the use of lucite the more I am in love with it.  It was not something I ever imagined that "I" would incorporate into my own home, but now I do believe I would indeed. Let's take a look at how this can be uniquely used in our rooms... 


Don't you just love this look? It does not crowd the room, even though it's large and is accessorized "to the max".  

Let's see what other lucite "finds" we have for you...






I do believe I could make room for any one of these pieces in my home...how about you? Before you decide, take a look at a few more rooms that have included some lucite.





These ghost chairs are actually quite popular for office chairs...and how chic with this rug!

How about this lovely desk used by New York designer, Jamie Drake...who, by the way, is known as the "king of color"... and he even uses lucite in his designs. I think it even enhances the pops of color all the more!












Lucite just seems to add something to a room...but then again, it's clear...so how can that be? Oh, and the other good thing...it coordinates with just about anything!

So now, how about you...are you now ready to add a piece into your decor?  Let me know your thoughts!

Make it a "Simply Irresistible" Day!


Photo Credits: Domino, House Beautiful, Thingsweheart, Elle Decor, Jamie Drake, Simplified Bee,  Decor Pad, Kishana Perera, Pininterest, Martha Stewart, annesage,com.


*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment