December 9, 2011

Holiday Heaven!

Today I thought I'd take you on a little "Holiday Heaven" tour of coastal decorating that inspires me.  Am I a coastal girl?  You bet!  Do I live at the coast?  Nope, not yet.  Why, you may ask.  Honestly, I really don't know.  I don't have a good reason...and I even wonder myself why I don't live there yet.  Everyone that knows me wonders the same thing since I absolutely LOVE the beach. Here are a few things that will prove my point...that I LOVE THE COAST!  Enjoy these holiday inspirations...


Make a natural statement by leaving your tree unadorned or liven any space with a faux tree sprayed white.

Wrap the tree’s trunk with larger lights for a more three-dimensional effect.

For a whimisical look with strong visual impact, choose oversize ornaments.

After the holiday season, plant the rosemary in your garden for year-round color and aroma, as well as culinary delight.
(This is actually a Rosemary Topiary)

Living Room with Starfish Accents

Blue White Tabletop with Glitter Pinecones

Christmas Tree By Sliding Glass Doors

White Christmas Tree in Rustic Home

Blue and White Holiday Table Decor

Festive Holiday Rooms: Open-Air Space with a Light Holiday Touch

Lighten the mood by skipping the heavy linens. Use chargers instead of place mats or tablecloths, and casually slip napkins through rings.
Don't you love the throws on the back of the chairs here?

Our Best Holiday Cookies: Coastal Cutout Cookies
Who wants to bake some holiday cookies - ah, palm trees!!

Tropical Entryway


Thanks for letting me share a few of my coastal holiday inspirations with you today.  How about you...do you love the coast?  Do you perhaps live at the coast?  If you do, what is your holiday decorating style?  Colors?  Are they "beachy" colors or traditional holiday colors? We'd love to know.

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Weekend!



Photo Credits:  Coastal Living

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been here in a while, and you go beachy on me! HAHAHAHA! This is so you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me well my friend! It IS me, isn't it? Glad you loved it too.

    ReplyDelete