August 29, 2011

Bench Fascination

Happy Monday fellow readers!  So glad you could join us today.  I have had a big fascination on benches lately...yes, benches.  There are so many places that these will work in the home, so many styles, finishes, sizes...etc.  Let's just take a look at some of them here today, OK?


I love a red bench...that "pop" of color on this fascinating little piece of furniture can do wonders for most any area.  Couldn't you see this  in your kitchen area ... or... perhaps inside the back door area?  Depending on your style you could even put it in the foyer area.  It would be a "welcoming" sight in most any place...don't ya think?


Here is an upholstered bench that is a simple style, yet could be worked into most any design style.  It would be great extra seating for the great room...or even the master bedroom. How easy to add the throw pillows to coordinate with any area of your home.

What about these benches added around this farmhouse table?  Like it?  I surely do.  Take a look at this kitchen area...actually it is mostly on the modern side of style...and yet this farmhouse table was incorporated in with it. Having these benches around it brings together that great blend of "country" and "modern".  How often do you see pairs of benches around a table?  Not often, right?  It's always good to think outside of the box!



Here is a bench with more exposed legs but also with a cushion.  I love benches that are as wide as the bed...lovely!


Another style bench that can be used most any where.  I even love it here at the foot of this bed too!


Perhaps you could use a bit of storage...well, this bench would do the trick.  Isn't it lovely with the tufted top...and it's functional.  One like this could be a great choice for a great room when you have kids and need a place to store a few toys in there...what do ya think?


I think a bench like this one by Phoebe Howard would be stunning in a foyer. It's gorgeous here with these neutral colors, but knowing me...I'd be popping some colors with my throw pillows.  What about you?

Here is even a whimsical side of benches...for a child's room.  How cute!

Keep in mind...a bench at the foot of your bed doesn't have to be just ONE...I like this look too! 


Even a bench tucked underneath a table can do wonders...twofold...it will be extra seating to pull out when you need it and it "softens" the underneath of the table working as a "filler".  How about that!

Well, I could go on and on with more lovely photos, but I won't.  I hope I gave you enough to perhaps give you a fascination for benches.  Do you now want to add one to your home?  Do you already have benches worked into your decor?  If so, please share with us any creative ways you have used them or plan to use them...we'd love to know.

Enjoy your day and be sure to make it...
"Simply Irresistible"!



Photo Credits:  Country Living, Studio Ten 25, Suzanne Kasler, Traditional Home, Coastal Living, Phoebe Howard, DocorPad, House Beautiful

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Well, of course I have a bench! Well, it's an ottoman -- almost a bench!! I got it because my wonderful interior designer friend suggested that I get one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so sweet! I did think of you when I was doing this post and how great your new ottoman looks in your room. I know you are enjoying it. Glad I could inspire you to get one! You did a great job picking it out by the way.

    ReplyDelete