August 31, 2011

Painted Backs in Bookcases

I just love the look of painted backs in bookcases.  Have I mentioned that?  It is such a great way to add a pop of color to any room!  This can also be a good option for those of you that aren't daring enough to put bold color on your walls.


The color used here is a bold one in the same color family as the chair, flowers and even the rug.  I love how it pops the color to make a huge impact in the room and ties everything together.


Here is a much softer and lighter color, yet it still adds an impact and changes the look.  It picks up the lightest color in the wall hanging, I do believe...which is always an easy way to choose a color.  You can probably just select a color in your wallpaper or fabric to add to the bookcase.


A little flair here for all of you modern ones out there...but I surely love the colors (I know you know that by now, right?).  Three different shades of pink are used in these bookcases.  Do you like or dislike?


Here is another example of painted back bookcases that I dearly fell in love with...not only because of the paint color used, but also because of the way it was accessorized.  Isn't it just lovely?


image
Painted backs can do wonders for the kitchen too.  I love this shade of blue used...it reminds me of the calming sea (and with this white subway tile...well that's "Simply Irresistible" to me!).


image
I think this black bookcase is stunning with the painted back...wouldn't you agree?  Using this neutral tones it down yet adds such drama to the room. 

I love the cottage charm of this room with the emphasis on the back of this bookcase.  Imagine if the back were white...would it give the same effect to the room?  Nope, it wouldn't at all.


Aren't these painted backs that flank the fireplace lovely?  It just makes such a difference and, to me, it even makes the room look larger.

Well, it seems we had alot of blue painted bookcases this time. What would be YOUR "go to" color if you were to paint a bookcase?  Would it be a soft, light color....a bright and bold color...or a neutral?  Keep in mind this is an easy way to transform a room and give it an all-together new look and feel.  Just be sure to select a color that works with your other things in the room and "go for it"...or you can always consult with a designer to help with color selections!  My guess is you'll be pleased.

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!
Ta-Ta!



Photo Credits:  Martha Stewart, Porter House Designs, Laurenscape, House Beautiful, Developing Designs, Elle Decor

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment