September 1, 2011

Stenciled Floors

I know you must be familiar with stencils, right?  Of course you are!  How about the effects of putting them right on your "floors"?  Let's take a look and see just how this "age-old artsy trick" can impact your rooms...


This room is breathtaking especially with these painted floors.  This look can be accomplished by using a stencil or by taping off the design shown here.  (Oh, and just a side note...I am drooling over these luscious custom draperies puddling in the floor!!)


This one is a great example of how a stenciled floor can do wonders for any area...wouldn't you have to agree?  This high gloss floor is just stunning as well.  Now, look at the walls in here...they are done using a smaller stencil and the opposite color way of the floor.  Isn't this awesome?  There is so much one can do with stencils.



This green and white floor makes quite an impact...huh?  Again, this one can be done using a stenciled square or by taping off the design.  As for me...I'd prefer a stencil since it seems to be much easier.


This floor could perhaps be tiles laid in blue and white...or maybe that is stenciled too (???), but my point is that even using just the small stenciled design at each corner of the tiles takes this floor from  "drab" to "fab".... it completely changes the feel of this entire room!


And for even a more dramatic flair...how about this bold contrast of color!  I love this flower stencil.  Could YOU be this daring yet?  OK, in my mind....I already have this lovely room decorated!!!  What fun colors!


Now this one is for any of you really daring readers out there...aren't these designs gorgeous?  Could you handle having your floors make such a statement as this in your room?  Me, probably not, but I surely do think it would be a great choice for someone!

No matter whether you are looking for simple or dramatic...stencils can be a fun and easy way (well, some not so easy like the last one above!) to update your decor.  It's much less expensive than replacing your existing flooring.  Do you have stenciled floors any where in your home?  If so, do tell, as we'd love to know what you did and what actually inspired you to make the change.  Did you do it yourself or have a professional do it for you?  

Now...go and have yourself...
a "Simply Irresistible" Day!



Photo Credits:  Sunny's Goodtime Paints, Sunny Goode's, Domino., Apartment Therapy

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I really mean that. It is one of my favorite places to visit. I will never do most of the things you show in your posts, but I love, love, love looking at all of the neat pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that sweet comment...I truly appreciate that! I, too, love YOUR blog and yet probably will never be able to scrapbook as artistically as you, but I love to study the unique creativity in every piece you do! I'm glad our blogs are a blessing to one another!

    ReplyDelete