September 2, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

What do you prefer for bedding in your master bedroom?  Bedspread, comforter, or duvet cover?  Dust ruffle or no dust ruffle? There are so many options these days that I just wondered what you liked best.


Here we have a ruffled dust ruffle and a matching reversible throw folded at the bottom of the bed.  The shams are also ruffled like the dust ruffle.  I think it's quite lovely, do you?


This is pretty much the "typical" comforter with dust ruffle that I tend to see in most new client's homes that we go into to work with.  I'm sure this "look" is familiar to you as well.



Maybe you prefer the more tailored look of a bedspread.  I like the tall upholstered headboard with this one and the use of a long bolster pillow.


Here is another lovely bedspread...which of course goes all the way to the floor so no dust ruffle is needed.


Here is a lovely duvet cover with a pleated dust ruffle (as opposed to a ruffled one).  I love the simplicity of this...how about you?


Another duvet cover with a pleated dust ruffle...do you like? Do you like a white one....or do you prefer a pattern? 


Here is a duvet with a shirred dust ruffle instead.  It's a totally different look from above photo...which do you like best?


Just one more in a solid color other than white.  I love the effect of the white bedding with this lavender duvet folded at the end of the bed.  There is also color in the shams and the bolster pillow.  This is really a lovely combination too!


As for me...I am changing over to a duvet I do believe.  I love the "fluffiness" of them and the casual feel of the style.  I will be using a patterned fabric instead of the solid white...or at least that is my thoughts at the moment.  In my world of interior design...my thoughts are forever changing for myself...until time to make that final decision.  What type bedding do you have in your master bedroom?  Guest rooms?

Thanks for stopping by and...
Have a "Simply Irresistible" Weekend!



Photos Credits: Traditional Homes, Decor Pad, House Beautiful

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment