September 8, 2011

Stylish Guest Bathrooms

I'm starting today with telling on myself...an old story.  My mom has always told me that from the time I was a really little girl and we were out somewhere I always had to go to the bathroom...every time we went to a different place.  It could be the fabric shop (she sewed), the mall, downtown, a restaurant, a friend's home, etc...it didn't matter, I always "had to go" visit the bathroom.  Now here is the funny part...I would go in and look it over in detail (an early sign of an interior designer maybe??).  Sometimes I may actually use the bathroom, but on rare occasion.  I simply just wanted to check out the bathrooms!  I would say things like "ugh, this bathroom is just not pretty", "oh, I don't like this color at all",  "yuk, this bathroom is nasty", or for those special ones I'd light up and say "wow, this bathroom is really pretty...I like it" (not to mention these are the only ones I'd ever use!).  She said I was fascinated with BATHROOMS...imagine that!  I was too young to really remember this, but to be honest, I am still really picky about which bathrooms I will use!!!     


In getting ready for today's blog topic this came to mind for some strange reason...because it's bathrooms no doubt.  I just thought I'd share that funny story with you. Were any of you ever obsessed with anything like this at such a young age?  Now, let's take a look at some guest bathrooms...


Provide a Mirror
Love the colors and the shutter door fronts...and check out that mirror detail in how it's cut to fit the walls!

Accent with Antiques
Double sinks with antique glass front cabinets...different, but lovely.  How about this sassy little hand towel stand they used...how creative is that!

Pair a Bold Color with Clean White
These apple green walls would brighten up any guest bath...and I love the cute window treatment.

Install Wallpaper
How about some graphic wallpaper to spruce things up a bit?

How about these bold stripes and geometric flooring...this one is quite unique!

Black and white...stunning!

A little more traditional style with this gorgeous wallpaper added.

So...how do these bathrooms rate in your mind?  Any styles or colors that you would like?  It is always a good idea to have a styled guest bathroom for your special guests as well as some toiletry items  that they can use.  Be sure to have nice fresh towels and you can even go out of the way and supply terry bath robes...treat them like this though and they may never want to leave!!

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!


Photo Credits: Southern Living, Elle Decor, Traditional Home



*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment