August 17, 2011

Dirty Laundry...!!!???

OK, come on, let's face it...not every nook and cranny in our homes is beautiful and organized, right? Is this a familiar sight that you seem to find all the time in your home?


I bet it is...just like in mine!  Now, the question is...are you Type A personality and in need of a better way to hide this unsightly pile of dirty laundry just waiting to be done? I certainly am so let's get some ideas flowing...

How about this unit?  It's a cabinet designed just for this and you can even go ahead and separate the colors.  When you close the bins...viola...it looks as if it's just a  beautiful piece of cabinetry.  I like it...alot!  How about you?




Here is yet another great cabinet designed to conceal your piles of laundry...this one is a little simpler in style and has bun feet on the bottom.  Quite a nice look!



Next is probably a familiar one to you.  It's the hanging laundry bag that saves floor space by hanging on the door.  Instead of having to wrestle with a drawstring top every time you want to place clothes in it...this one is made with a large embroidery hoop at the  top.  How's that for unique?  However, as for ME, I'm so Type A that I'd want my fabric to coordinate with my other fabrics in the room...how about you?  Am I crazy or what?  No, truthfully, I wouldn't choose to even have my laundry "out in the open" at all. Would you?


Add some "art" to hold your dirty laundry!  It's a wicker basket designed just for this.  Could you possibly work this into your home decor...to conceal "the pile"?


Rattan Elephant Hamper - Photo
Better yet...try this one for a child's room.  How cute is this.  I'm sure they'd even LOVE putting their own clothes in this elephant hamper...what a great way to teach them to pick up after themselves at an early age!  "Feed the elephant"...our dirty clothes...yea, that may just work!


Neu Home 3-Section Laundry Sorter - Photo
Maybe for some of you...you really don't care as much about style as you just need a little organization???  How about this triple section laundry sorter?  You can find the right spot for it, perhaps right beside your washer and dryer and then roll it around front when you are ready to wash clothes.  This would work well and at least give you a clean and organized look! 


Now, I really like this idea...colorful (or black and white) bins in the laundry room to house the piles of dirty laundry.  It's "easy on the eye" (well, fashionable!) and it's organized...what a great idea.  Problem is, for me and my family, all of our dirty laundry wouldn't FIT in these...so what's a girl to do?


Maybe this one...I really like these twin pull out cabinets in this built-in unit.  Oh, and did I mention my hubby is in the custom cabinetry business?  Should I add this to my "honey-do" list? What's your opinion here?  

But, for now, I will stick with what I have.  A laundry basket (yes, just one of those plain plastic ones - in black though) on top of my dryer.  My son also has one of these in the floor of his bathroom closet.  How about you?  Where do you hide YOUR piles of dirty laundry?  Do you have any creative design ideas for this?  If so, do tell.

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!



Photo Credits:  AKA Designs, Woman's Day, Houzz, thisnext.com, Birds of a Feather Design, HGTV

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to visit in a while (wonder why? - ha), and I love this post. I really like the cabinet with the pull out bins that allows you to sort. One of those would be super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you on here, but you know I know why you haven't been around! I am continuing to pray for you both! Glad you liked the cabinet with bins. I liked the fact that you could sort too! It would not only "beautify" our laundry spaces, but simplify laundry time too! Thanks for sharing which you liked best.

    ReplyDelete