January 30, 2012

Headboard Beauty

Greetings dear readers...once again, blog time has been short.  I do apologize and hope that you will stay "tuned in" with us.  Our client projects have completely consumed us...turn-key, I might add...but we are thankful.  Speaking of client projects, we are looking at custom headboard styles...what do ya say, want to take a look with us?  Come on, work with us on this part of the project.  


“The graphic floral patterns have a way of making upholstered headboards and pleated bed skirts look a little less buttoned-up,” says Meg.
This style is a similar style to the one I am leaning towards for this client's guest bedroom.  We may just "round" up the sharp edges of it a bit though.  I really like this one along with the fabric...oh and surprise, in the room we are designing we are also working in a garden stool...in red!  It will be used as a side table by a chair.

In each of the bedrooms, Meg embellished simple white coverlets, shams, and bolster pillows with embroidered trim that lends a little graphic weight to the pieces by outlining their shapes.

Now, how about this plain style...do you like it?  Now imagine it without the fabric back drop as shown here...now what do you think of it?  Is it too plain?  Well, in our client's room I think it would be best to use one with some shape to it.  My reasoning behind that...her room is small and rectangular in shape, windows are rectangular, custom built-in unit, in a niche, is rectangular...so I believe we don't need another "rectangle" in the room...but some shape and style.  

Once again, back to that first shape I liked...here it is with a contrast cording (in blue, see it?) along about a three-inch border on it.  Another great way to dress it up a bit.

This one is a great look...especially for a twin bed.  I just don't want this much design on the bed itself...now that's MY opinion...what about you?  Do you like it or not?  

I just HAD to show you this one...mostly because it's PINK...just kidding!  Isn't it great?  Look at all the detail of it.  Double contrast cording (in that yummy PINK), tufted...oh, and those PINK buttons...now THIS...is "Simply Irresistible" indeed!  Hum, now I may need to consider this one for our project.  It is luscious...along with the bedding, lamps, etc.  All of it! 

OK, I have to be honest...I am only posting this style because I think it's "out there"...way out there that is!  This one is not for me, nor my client I might add...what do YOU think of it? 

And then there is this style...I like it, I do.  However for this particular design project, the edges are too sharp...I hope that makes sense to ya.  It's what my design "reasoning" has determined!

Wallpaper Green Upholstered Headboard Bedroom 530x706 10 Creative Headboard Ideas from Famous Designer
Here we go...I think we are getting closer to "the look" and style of a headboard that I'm thinking of.  I love the softening curves that it adds to the room.  This room is small with right many "squares and rectangular objects", like our client's room...see why I am going for a curved look....it does, it "softens" the entire room!

Now, for some headboard styles from our vendors...
60-50 Headboard
I really love this style and the detailing on the wood.  It's available in several finishes too.  However, due to the tightness of the space on this wall (a closet door opens out into the wall where the head of the bed goes...thus taking away space) the finished overall width of this one is too large.  We want to be able to use two nightstands as well...so, good-bye to this one, for this project anyway.

11-50 Full/Queen Headboard
Here is yet another style we considered, but decided it's a "no".  My reasoning on this one was...the padding, even though it's beautiful, it just doesn't fit the style of the room that we are creating.  Let's keep looking...

18-50 Full/Queen Headboard
Much like a few of the others above, but still looking for a more curvy style...you know, my "reasoning".  I am known for all my over-thinking on projects, mostly because my heart SO wants it "just right" for the client.  After all, it's their investment and I want them to enjoy it all for years to come! So...I'll let you know what we decide on...once we find, or design, the exact style we'd like in there. 
                                         
 Hope you enjoyed working with us a bit today!  Upholstered headboards are always a great look in any bedroom.  They are much "softer" than just a wood or metal headboard (I know, I really get on this "softening" kick...I don't like hardness in a room!).  Maybe YOU would like to do something different and add one to your bedroom...what do ya think?  It's a great way to make a beautiful focal point!   

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Monday! 



Photo Credits:  Coastal Living, Myhomeideas,  House Beautiful, Sarah Richardson, Cox Mfg.

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment