May 23, 2011

Custom Drapery Panels with a Flair


I just adore dupioni silk drapery panels. They create such a look of elegance especially when puddled on the floor slightly. Notice the extra details here with the header style and the buttons at the top. 
Around Your Home

Here we have another of my favorites in drapery panels. I like to add an attached valance with trim on the bottom.  This layered effect is still simple yet it adds a little more "oomph" to the room.  In this photo it also has an underneath treatment for privacy...and again, the panels are puddled in the floor.

Here is yet another "fave" (remember...I simply LOVE doing custom window treatments!).  Contrast banding added to the panels makes such a statement.  One band, or several, can make all the difference in the world on these....small, wide, or varied sizes.

Another fun way to add some pizazz to the other wise plain panels is with a whimsical border such as this scallop...
Colorful Window Treatments

Here's another fun way to enhance those windows...even without covering the windows.  Here, the fabric panels are just used to "soften" the area, but how fun to use a contrast print as the border.  I just love mixing it up a bit like this!
Window Treatments

I hope you enjoyed seeing a few drapery inspirations today that maybe give you a little "twist" on the standard panels.  Do you have custom drapery panels, maybe with a unique feature, in your home? It use to be that a lot of people wanted to get away from draperies as they were labeled as "dated"...but not any more...the have made a comeback! I'll be sharing more on some custom window treatments in the coming days...as it is one of my favorite projects in interior design. I just love a custom window treatment challenge...of any kind!

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!


Photo Credits:  Southern Living, Traditional Home

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment