December 28, 2012

In the Mood...for a DIY Project

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas!  Are you maybe still enjoying some time off?  Hope so!

With Christmas behind us (and all of the outside lights and decorations down already - yipee!) I have been in the mood to do a slight home office make-over. I seem to "tire" of the set-up here fairly regularly, believe it or not, yet never seem to have the TIME to do anything about it ..so what better time than to tackle it now, right?  

I have re-arranged the furniture and have established a separate office space (meaning computer area) away from the designing/workstation area (where many a design creations come together).  I will also be revamping where and how our samples (fabric books, wallpaper books, etc.) are displayed and de-cluttering and re-organizing our catalog space.  Whew...I'd say I have my work cut out for me during my TIME OFF (Off? Yea right!).  That's just me though...why not use my time productively to create a change that I will enjoy in 2013!

Now...as for this post.  Let's get on with the DIY project I have in mind.  I went on a search for "pretty file cabinets"...yes, that is right - pretty.  For all of our office info, price lists and client files, etc...I must keep these ugly, not to mention, large, file cabinets.  I don't see how other designers can even function without them! I see some of their offices on here...that are stunning really...but no file cabinets....how is that???

Here is what I found that inspired me...and gave me hope that these  pieces could have a little beauty maybe!
cabmain

Our file cabinets are 4-drawers (see I told you they were large!).  Isn't this a neat idea to totally change the look?  This is wallpaper that is applied to the fronts using Mod Podge (Hey, I remember that stuff from the 70's I think it was!).  I intend to try this process to see what I can come up with.  Now, I'm "on the hunt" for the perfect wallpaper for this home-office file cabinet makeover!  When it's done, I may even share the outcome with you. 

If you want more details on this DIY project go here for full instructions that seem simple enough...even for me!

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!




Image Credit:  Design Sponge

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment