July 18, 2011

Easy DIY Artwork

I know there aren't a lot of interior designers out here that actually offer their clients DIY ideas, but I sometimes like to do this if I know my client is truly a DIY'er and would welcome some "money-saving" tips! Here are a few I thought I'd share with you because they are soooo simple and would really make a striking difference in your room.


How about selecting some of your favorite fabric and then mounting it to a canvas frame...how easy is that? This DIY artwork will add beauty to those otherwise plain walls by adding that "pop" of color and pattern. You can do one large frame or use multiple frames to form a collage if you prefer.  Go here for basic instructions on how to carry out this great idea for your room!  (By they way, I have had this photo for awhile planning to share this idea with you, but I forgot - duh! - where I found it.  If you know, please let me know so I can give credit to the photo owner - Thanks!)


Another great photo of this idea!


You know those wonderful calendar pages where each month represents a beautiful scene of some sort?  Well, turn those pages into framed artwork instead of throwing the outdated calendar away.  How simple is that?  Or...find a few "must-have" colorful posters that would fit ready-made frames (to help keep the cost more reasonable!).  Here is an example...isn't this bird print great? And, of course, this one is so easy that instructions are not needed.  


Whether it's new frames or vintage frames (with a little spray paint perhaps) find ones you like.  Then you can add either fabrics or wallpaper to create gorgeous artwork for most any room in your home.  Isn't this collage "Simply Irresistible" in this nursery? It was made from the fabrics that were used through-out the room. 

I hope this gave you a little creative inspiration on this Monday morning.  Why not decide what "look" you desire in your room, find the items you'll need...and have a little "DIY moment" this upcoming week-end.  The transformation will not only be beautiful, but quite "unique" to your personality.  Try it...and please, by all means, let us know what you come up with.  We'd love to see, and even post your DIY creation!

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!
Ta-Ta!




Photo Credits:   Unknown, 6th Street Design School, Laura Casey Designs,  Cape 27.

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment