July 5, 2011

Painted Floors

I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing Fourth of July holiday and are ready to get back "in the swing of things" today! OK, I must admit, I am posting today about something that I am not 100% sure I could do in my own home...so I'll want to see what you would do.  


Did you know that painted wood flooring is a centuries old thing?  Well, believe it or not it really is.  People use to do this to bring in a little artistic design flair to their rooms because having carpet, or even a rug, was a true luxury and not affordable by the average person. This look is making a come-back in design so today I wanted to just show you a few of these great artistic designs...


I love the simplicity of these blue and white stripes in this kitchen




A bold statement, but quite the "look" with this black and turquoise

How about this lovely design...and color?

Dramatic...don't ya think?

I am loving the painted zig-zag pattern

This pattern and color absolutely makes this bathroom...love it too!

Painted floors can even take on a whole new look in a rustic surrounding...nice! I believe I'd have to say that the floor itself was the focal point of this room.


Front Porch
Ooh, I like this pattern lots! (and PINK chairs too - Yummy!) This was in my painted flooring research so I assume this really is painted to stand out like a rug.

A sleek modern look with a bold geometric black and white painted floor...I like the way it ties in with the crown molding and built-in.



image
How about just a plain white painted floor?  This would certainly open up any space and make it feel larger.

Painted wood floor - hallway by accent on eclectic.
Great use of paint at the bottom of stairs...now that makes a statement!

A bright, acqua, painted floor sets the color stage for the rest of this living room's blue accents
I will always love a basic blue painted floor, cottage style, as it reminds me of the ocean!

So...here's my question to you.  Could you, and would you, PAINT your wood floors?  If so, which look appealed to you most?  I am just curious since I told you I just don't know if I could really do it myself.  I love the looks of these, but just not sure I could go through with it for myself.  OK, maybe, just maybe if it were a beach cottage I could.  Share your thoughts...please!

And, be sure to make it a "Simply Irresistible" Day!



Photo Credits: House Beautiful, Veranda, Hirshfield's Color Club, Mary McDonald, Making it Lovely, Elle Decor, Jonathan Adler, Flicker, Coastal Living



*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. But I seriously doubt I could do it. One thing about it, if you grew tired of it, you could strip it back to the wood, re-stain, and you'd have beautiful wood floors again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that "mind-opening" thought! Yes, it could just be sanded and redone if you grew tired of it...now why did "I" not think of that one??? Great thinking and now I believe I might even be able to go for this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scraping and painting my sub floor currently. Lot's of Work! I decided on white paint with black accent. I have to decide on a design for the black accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an exciting project. I hope you will share the before and after pics with us!

      Delete
  4. Lot's of work scraping and sanding my subfloor! It does have an imperfect look which I painted white. I decided to buy black paint today and need to work out a design. I appreciate your image postings which help me get ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it is indeed alot of work, but a labor of love hopefully and one that will be worth it all in the end. Glad out images could help you and thanks for visiting our blog! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete