July 8, 2011

TGIF...Beach Blast

OK, I must admit...I have the BEACH on my brain.  For those that don't know me well....I simply am a true "beach girl".  I love the coast!  Just ask anyone that knows me.  I am glad it is Friday again, believe it or not, and since visions of beach-time are on my mind and I do believe I also hear the ocean calling my name....oh, and the sand too...today I'm sharing some beach designs that have me drooling and yearning for the coast!


I usually think of light and airy colors for the beach, however I am intrigued by this room design using dark color.  I think the reason for this is that it is tastefully put together with lots of white (makes it seem more "airy") and the artwork over the bed enhances the beach theme.  Lovely, don't you think?

This is lovely to me, of course because of seashells (and LOTS of them), but look at how it is also dressed up with the use of silver accessories and antique wall sconces! Ooh-la-la...or should I say "Simply Irresistible"! 


I love the simplicity and color in this room...however, any room that has palm trees is "inviting" in my book.  


Here I love not only for the bright fun colors, but for the view of course...more palm trees...real ones!  No doubt I'd spend time out here on my vacation.


I love white cabinets when they are put with hardwood flooring...love the contrast!  When you add in this much turquoise (another "fave" of mine) AND it's at the beach...let's just say it has my name all over it. Ha! 


It's mostly just the "beachy" feel and simplicity of this one that has me yearning for a beach vacation....soon!



And I bet you'll never guess what it is I'm drooling over in this room?  Any idea?  First, I will mention that this is a great example of using all white and then popping in one color that's your "fave"....and it can be changed out easily as you tire of it or just want a change.  Now, back to my question.....THE VIEW, of course!

OMG...another great view!  But again, white with hardwoods...and PINK.  I could sit out here for hours!  Hum...maybe I'd even take my laptop out here and get some blogging posts done...I think I would be very inspired in a spot like this!



This room just speaks for itself...the colors, linens, artwork, pillows, flowers, draperies..."Simply Irresistible" to me.  How 'bout you?


Maybe "this" is the spot to take my laptop.  Could YOU get any serious work done here?  I truly think I could especially with the sound of the ocean so close. I love the simple table too, don't you? 


Thanks so much for stopping by our blog today! I hope you are feeling a little more relaxed from these inspiring photos and that you...

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Weekend!
Ta-Ta!


Photo Credits:  Phoebe Howard, Southern Living, Trulia, Decor Pad, Coastal Living, House Beautiful



*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment