July 22, 2011

Friday Featured Design

Today's featured design is straight from Atlanta based designer, Suzanne Kasler, who has made quite an impact in the design world. I just adore her signature style of casual elegance.  I was recently intrigued by work she has done with bookcases.  You know me...always adding "softness" to hard surfaces, but look at this work of art by Suzanne.  


There is no softness found in this bookcase, yet I love the way she placed the books...how unique! OK, I admit, I would have a hard time walking away without placing at least a little "softening" in, but that's just my opinion.  Her work is incredible to say the least! 

Here is another one that caught my eye.  I loved the way the books in pink were displayed, almost like artwork.  Then notice the black vases that pull the black in from the accent on those gorgeous draperies...ooh-la-la...and you know I love this pink and black together!  Like I said, I just adore this casual yet elegant style of hers...do you?

Now, how about YOUR bookcases?  Are they running over with "stuff" and in need of being styled?  If so, hopefully these gave you a little inspiration that will help.  Bookcases are a great way to not only display your books, but also your beautiful collectibles.

Thanks for stopping by and...

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Weekend! 


Photo Credits:  Suzanne Kasler

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment