July 5, 2012

Color Mix

Color Mix...???  I'm talking about a mix of two colors used together that I find myself (a hot pink gal, that is) swooning over these days. Several weeks ago when I was in a slowed down mode (a very rare occasion I assure you!) one day I actually had the time to notice the bright blue sky, the luscious green grass and trees (before this hot weather scorched it all) and the large white fluffy clouds...oh my!  It was an absolutely breathtaking moment!  Sounds crazy, right?  The things we take for granted because we are way too busy...but THAT day, I saw it clearly.  I stood there almost mesmerized by the beauty.   



Since that day I have become somewhat obsessed with ways to use these colors together.  They certainly aren't the colors in my own home really, but I love blue, green, and white together...so I rounded these up for you to take a look at...

A Classic Exterior
Remember the Jersey Shore home?  You'll find this color scheme surrounding the outside of the home too...and look at those blue shutters would ya!  Well, now just step inside...

American Idyll: Kitchen
Ah!  See, aren't these colors just gorgeous together?  And look how easy this would be to accomplish.  White cabinets (like the white fluffy clouds I saw) are a given here.  Just add in some barstools (or even seat cushions if you prefer) in a fabric like this Lee Jofa stripe.  Next let's take some color to the floor with a blue area rug (ocean inspired, no doubt)...and voila, there, you have this blue, green and white kitchen to relax in!

American Idyll: Family Room
The family room follows this color scheme, but look at how the green is mostly OUTSIDE of the window, but it just sets the tone in this room and seems to be a part of this area, doesn't it?  The designer also added some green plants and table-top flowers to add just a little extra pop of green inside too...lovely!

American Idyll: Dining Room
As we step into this room we see several varying shades of blue.  The only pops of green are on these custom pillows and of course...the outside!

American Idyll: Master Bedroom
I could indeed move right into here for a few days (or weeks!!) with this blue, green and white bedroom...and just like the outdoor colors mesmerized me...so would this picture above the fireplace...you know, that's the beach-girl in me!!!  See, don't these colors look smashing together?

And just when you think it can't get any better...
American Idyll: Master Bedroom
More of these relaxing colors in here...and check out that rug...and that VIEW that is keeping with the color scheme!

American Idyll: Master Bath
We can't leave out the master bath...with it's blue counter top and all the green accents around.

OK, folks....and last but not least...the balcony
American Idyll: Balcony
I won't even say a word about it here....just let the beauty of it speak for itself...just like it did to me that day I stood staring at the beauty of nature all around me.

So, what's YOUR take on my new found love of blue, green and white?  Do YOU have these colors together in your surroundings?  If so, do tell. 

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!



Photo Credits:  Coastal Living

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment