July 24, 2012

NC Mountain Living

Since we are right here in the heart of North Carolina I thought I'd share with you what I ran across that is just good 'ole mountain eye-candy...a real treat!


Is this mountain view just absolutely "over the top" (no pun intended!)?  It's located right here in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of western N.C.  Want to see inside?  Come on, let's go.

Inside you will find the homeowner's collection of antiques that she has acquired over the years.  This mirror is actually made from an old window...and don't ya just love this door!!


In this room you will find a lovely blend of colorful fabrics...I just love the color scheme.  A comfy plush Henredon sofa and club chairs by Charles Stewart Company just make me want to stay awhile...but, we must continue on.  Are you with me?


Oh, and this homeowner is also a painter.  This is one of her gorgeous creations over the mantel...isn't it lovely?


Don't you just love using rustic ladders to hang throws?  It just adds a pop of color to the side of this fireplace, doesn't it?


A french antique dining room table adorned with custom side panel draperies in a Lee Jofa ikat linen...can it get any better than this?


You bet, it just did...look at these lamps!  Want to know what they are made from?  Antique tin containers that use to dispense spices....can you believe that?  These are the coolest!


This lovely mountain home wouldn't be the same without some custom cabinetry in the kitchen.  Oh, and I love these barstools with the turned legs!  One more interesting fact...see those light fixtures above the island...well, these are made from glass "cloches".   The French developed the glass cloche, or bell jar, formed of a solid piece of glass shaped like a dome. The purpose was to protect an early garden plant from bleak cold and frost. This would hasten their crops to maturity.  - facts from englishcreekgardens.com.

How neat is that???


Who wouldn't get a cozy night's sleep in this bedroom...don't you just love it?


Check out this drapery rod and tieback....how cool is that?  I also love the little desk used here as not only a night-stand but also a writing desk...hum, a great place to blog, right!!


Well, maybe after this blog post I'll just go to this side of the bedroom and prop my feet up for awhile...I bet that view is gorgeous!


Then I'll head on into the master bath....oh, how I LOVE this valance with trim on it.  You know me, I have a thing for...custom window treatments!  I think I'll stick around for a long, hot bubble bath....ah, after a loooong days work!


For those of you that wait around...here is the front porch.  Now "this" is a SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE surrounding!

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of a lovely NC mountain home.  If you want to see more of this home or get specific details about these designs you can go here.

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!



Photo Credit:  Traditional Home w/ photography by Emily Followill.

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment