July 18, 2012

Inspiration

Once we know what sort of "mood" we want in our room we can then begin the hunt...for inspiration!  Even as a designer, I find myself needing some inspiration photos in order to scale down my oh-so-many choices.  For instance, in my dining room I have walls this color...(doesn't look quite as "pink" as on here)


SW6587 Valentine
SW6587 Valentine


In the foyer area I have this color...
SW6380 Humble Gold

And if this Humble Gold doesn't look YELLOW to you...then it isn't showing up as the true color!!  On my screen it looks tan...and it is so NOT!  It's a lovely yellow gold.

Where I am in need of inspiration is for my dining room drapery panels...stationary panels only...on each side of my two windows.  Today was my lucky day because I ran across this...

I think this two-tone stripe would be perfect in there! Love them!! I knew I wanted to bring in the yellow-gold somehow and I love the idea of using it with fabric that has the wall color too...voila!  And you know what?  This photo looks almost like the "true" colors in my rooms!  That's why it's always a good idea to test paint colors before painting an entire room by a chip...with Color to Go.  The chips I found to use here (above) don't really look a thing like my rooms!  There is a drastic difference...and I know monitor resolution has a lot to do with it too!  Oh well.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...but I do believe this may be a keeper!

What about YOU...have you found any great inspiration recently?

Have a "Simply Irresistible" Day!
Ta-Ta!



Image Credits:  Traditional Home

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment