July 6, 2012

Step Right Up...

Are your stairs just a means to get you upstairs and back down again...but a forgotten area to decorate?  So many times that is exactly what happens.  Why not spruce up your stairway with a lovely runner...a "non-typical" style of course!


You know we all love that popular chevron pattern that we tend to see everywhere...the fabric for draperies, pillows, upholstery...and then chevron rugs on the floor, right?  Well, how many of you have (or would) put it on your stairs?  Honestly, I haven't seen this done much and that's why I thought it would be worth researching to see what it would look like and if I could find anyone that had tried this.  Much to my surprise, there weren't many photos out there with this chevron look on the stairway...but here is a really good one I ran across.




A better view of the hallway with the stairs!  Oh so lovely!!  I do say that I think I like this pattern on the stairs...how about you?


Since there weren't many of that style I went ahead and rounded up a few other ways to...step right up...and enhance your stairway.  Take a look...
I also liked this multi-color stripe runner and it's a "non-typical" style too, right?  Knowing me I'd have to have some of these colors (not all of them by any means!)  from the runner popping around in the nearby space as well...but it's also very pretty in the midst of all this white too.


I also thought this customized border runner was quite lovely too.  Even with neutrals going up the stairs it is indeed "dressed".


geometric stair runner
Here is yet another pattern that I thought was stunning...especially with the black trim.  What do ya think?  Like?


ferm wallpapered stairs
Another unique way to dress the stairs is to use...wallpaper!  Isn't this a great "non-typical" look?  I love it.


black painted stair runner
I'll leave you with this for today...painted stairs, but not your typical paint job, is it?  Isn't this attractive...do ya think?  How creative...I love it too.

So now, for the weekend projects that we sometimes like to do, how will YOU decorate your stairway?  Give it some thought and if you do decide to...step right up...and make a change...be sure to let us know.  We may even share it here on the blog!


Enjoy your weekend and be sure to make it...

"Simply Irresistible"!





Photo Credits:  Pinterest, House and Home, Indulgy, High-Heeled Foot in the Door

*I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment