July 17, 2012

To Do...or...Not To Do?

Did you know that being inside more, as we tend to do in this Southern heat, can make us think of trying crazy things?  What do I mean, you may ask.  Let's start first with the topic of...WHITE kitchens!  I have a white kitchen.  Most people love white kitchens, right?














Get the picture...WHITE kitchens!  Well, I for one have been thinking a lot lately (hum, could be the heat is really getting to me!) ... I am really tired of WHITE in my kitchen!!!  When I say really, I mean really!  So, off goes my imagination as to what this kitchen of mine COULD really be...I would love to paint all the white cabinets (or at least I think I would!) I am on a real turquoise quest of some sort and have been wondering...dare I do that?  To that extent of a color?  Would I really?  But then, I see other white kitchens that make me think all I really need is to enhance all of this white by adding lots more color...just maybe!

Like this perhaps....I just LOVE this white kitchen and it's all because of the pops of red all around.  I do have red in my color scheme around the house too (well, it's "Valentine" actually) so do I want this color and just add it in this simple way...???

Then, there are partially painted cabinets...the islands.  I really like this idea too and it sure does break up that white flow and really does change the looks all together - don't you think? 

And, since I also have yellows flowing in the house..I have tossed around the idea of painting the kitchen walls a cheerful color similar to this...(my floors are more neutral - not like this one).  This would also make a drastic change to my white kitchen.

This floor looks a lot like my floors...really close.  OK, see that far wall on the left?  THAT is the turquoise color I think I really really want in my kitchen...do I paint the walls this color...or do I dive in and paint the cabinets this color???  

Or maybe...
I should first bring in lots of new accessories with my colors and see if that alone will "do the trick".  If not, then I will just have to give it plenty more thought...especially before painting all these white cabinets!  

What would YOU do?  Do you have a white kitchen?  Are you tired of white kitchens...or do you still love them?  Do tell, I'd love to know your thoughts and opinions.  It's so hard to design...for ME!!!    

Have a "Simply Irresistible Day"!




Image credits:  unknown (1st)-if you know, let me know so I can credit accordingly, The Enchanted Home, Thornton Designs, Traditional Homes


 *I TRY TO CREDIT ALL IMAGES, IF THERE ARE ANY PHOTOS OR IMAGES HERE THAT ARE NOT CREDITED CORRECTLY OR YOU WISH THEM TO BE REMOVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY OBLIGE. THEY ARE BEING USED HERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING INTERIOR DESIGN. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment